With my birthday coming up soon, I wanted to make something a bit more festive. Perhaps to inspire you too, if you have someone who is about to become a year older yet again. My presents to other people for birthday always involve cake – truth be told, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach <3 That is why I prepared this easy vegan birthday cake recipe 🙂
1 flax egg (1tbsp flax meal and 3tbsp water)
1/3 cup natural nut butter – I used peanut butter by Nature’s energy
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup plant milk – I used rice milk
1 2/3 cup flour – I used oat flour
1 tsp baking powder
- First make your flax egg by mixing flaxmeal with water and let stand.
- Meanwhile, mix nut butter, melted coconut oil, brown sugar, vanilla and plant milk. Add flax egg and mix together.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix till the dough forms.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet and top with rainbow sprinkles. Bake at 180°C about 30 min. Let cool and cut in 12 equal pieces.
Nutritional information (1 piece):
661kJ/158kcal 8.8g Fat, 16g Carbs of which 4g Sugar, 4.6g Protein