Now that we are slowly sliding in this cozier season, prepare to fall deeply in love with this soft apple loaf recipe.
- 2 cups finely diced apple (around 2 medium apples)
- 2 cups oat flour (ground oat flakes)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup plant-based milk of choice, I used soya milk
- 3 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Handful of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Stir dry ingredients very well.
- Add wet ingredients to form a batter.
- Fold in the diced apples and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan, and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the apple loaf comes out mostly clean.
This apple loaf tastes better the next day, because the flavour and texture are even better. So if you can wait, cover the loaf with a cloth overnight and serve the day after with some warm vanilla custard or ice-cream!
Leftover slices can also be frozen, though I doubt you’ll have any! Enjoy 🙂