Fluffy and sweet muffins, great for Sunday (tea) party or just for your kids to snack on. I personally like muffins, but I don’t make them a lot because the whole tray is just too much for me to finish myself and not enough for a bigger get together. Although, when I just want to make my family happy, it’s just right! The ingredients are minimum and I guess you have all of them at home already. Even if you are new to baking. This is a basic muffin recipe that anyone can master!
2 cups of self-raising flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
1 tbsp flax meal (1 tbsp flax seed + 3 tbsp water)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup cashew milk or other plant milk – I used alpro cashew
1 cup berries (any berries, can use frozen too)
1/2 cup nuts of choice (chopped) – I used cashews
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, flax meal and cinnamon together.
- Pour the melted coconut oil, combine. Add the milk and mix with spatula until combined.
- Gently fold in berries and nuts.
- Spoon a few spoonfuls of mixture in a prepared muffin tray lined with muffin cases and top with extra berries or nuts.
- Bake at 180°C for 25 mins. Enjoy for breakfast, on your coffee break or as a sweet treat 🙂
Nutritional information (1 muffin out of 12):
891kJ/213kcal 12g Fat, 24g Carbs, 3g Protein
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.