Spicy mexican dinner! Yes, please. Before I have become a vegetarian, we used to make chicken fajitas now and then, and I used to love it. Ever since I stopped eating meat I don’t think we have made these.. till now. I am so glad I remembered this recipe because it is really easy and tasty. In addition, soya cubes are lot easier to prepare than the actual chicken.
1 red onion
Small red, green and yellow bell pepper
50g soya cubes – I used Good Earth brand
2 tbsp olive oil
1 big clove garlic
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp sweet paprika
3/4 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp chilli flakes or fresh chilli pepper
4 wholegrain tortillas
Soya greek yogurt – I used alpro
- Soak the soya cubes in hot water.
- In the meantime, cut your onions and peppers into thin stripes. Heat the oil in a wok and add vegetables in it alongside with minced garlic and chilli. Saute for about 20 minutes (add water to prevent burning if needed).
- In a small jar combine smoked paprika, sweet paprika, coriander and cumin together.
- When the vegetables is almost done, drain the soya cubes, squeeze the water out and put it in the wok. Season with your prepared seasonings and mix well.
- Turn the heat off and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Spread greek yoghurt on the tortilla, add the fajitas mixture, close off and grill on a heated pan from all sides. Cut in half and serve.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.