When life gives you lemons… throw them in a blender and bake cake!
This is a super easy recipe where you chuck all the wet ingredients in a blender and save the hassle of juicing lemons and grating zests!
For the cake
- 2 cups Good Earth Spelt Flour
- 20g stevia (for a sugar free option) or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 3/4 cup Alpro Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Alpro Natural Yoghurt
- 1/4 cup Pantaleo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large OR 2 small lemons OR 1/4 cup Sunita Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- a handful of blueberries
For the topping
- 1/2 cup Alpro Vanilla Yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Sunita Lemon Juice
- Agave syrup (optional – adjust sweetness to taste)
- Fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees
- In a bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flour, sugar/stevia, baking powder, baking soda and salt), and set aside
- In a blender, put the lemon (washed and cut into 4 pieces with skin and all) or lemon juice, milk, natural yoghurt, oil and vanilla
- Blend until smooth
- Fold in stages the liquid ingredients with the dry ingredients. Do not over mix
- Gently fold in the blueberries
- Pour mixture in a lined round cake dish or loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick is inserted in the centre and comes out clean.
- Mix 1/2 cup Alpro vanilla yoghurt with the lemon juice and agave
- Serve on top of a generous wedge of cake
- Top with more fresh blueberries and the berry chia jam (recipe in one of my previous posts)
Enjoy this totally vegan cake!!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.