When life gives you lemons… throw them in a blender and bake cake!
This is a super easy recipe where you chuck all the wet ingredients in a blender and save the hassle of juicing lemons and grating zests!
For the cake
- 2 cups Good Earth Spelt Flour
- 20g stevia (for a sugar free option) or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 3/4 cup Alpro Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Alpro Natural Yoghurt
- 1/4 cup Pantaleo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large OR 2 small lemons OR 1/4 cup Sunita Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- a handful of blueberries
For the topping
- 1/2 cup Alpro Vanilla Yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Sunita Lemon Juice
- Agave syrup (optional – adjust sweetness to taste)
- Fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees
- In a bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flour, sugar/stevia, baking powder, baking soda and salt), and set aside
- In a blender, put the lemon (washed and cut into 4 pieces with skin and all) or lemon juice, milk, natural yoghurt, oil and vanilla
- Blend until smooth
- Fold in stages the liquid ingredients with the dry ingredients. Do not over mix
- Gently fold in the blueberries
- Pour mixture in a lined round cake dish or loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick is inserted in the centre and comes out clean.
- Mix 1/2 cup Alpro vanilla yoghurt with the lemon juice and agave
- Serve on top of a generous wedge of cake
- Top with more fresh blueberries and the berry chia jam (recipe in one of my previous posts)
Enjoy this totally vegan cake!!