Autumn is here and colder days with it. There is nothing better than a bowl of hot soup in front of you on such a chilly day. This is one of my favorite soups, because it’s nutrient-filled and you actually feel like you are full after this one, no need for the second course at all. Soups in general are low calorie, so it is also suitable when you are trying to lose some weight. This one has only 221 kcal per serving! The lentils will provide sufficient protein and fiber, plus all the vegetables is rich in various vitamins.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
5 stalks celery
2 small potatoes
1/2 cup green lentils
2 tbsp soy sauce
turmeric powder, garlic powder, rosemary, ground coriander, ground cumin, basil, salt, pepper
1 tbsp marigold bouillon powder (optional)
- Heal the oil in a bigger pot. Add finely chopped onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. In the meantime, peel and slice your carrots, potatoes and slice the celery.
- Add all vegetables into the pot alongside with green lentils, soy sauce and all the spices. I just use a pinch from everything, according to taste.
- Cover with water, put the lid on top and let simmer about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add the bouillon powder if using, cook 5 min more and make sure all the vegetables and lentils are tender. Turn off the heat.
- Let cool a bit and serve with a piece of toasted brown bread 🙂
Nutritional information (1/4):
925kJ/ 221kcal 39g Carbs, 11g Fiber, 4g Fat, 10g Protein