Who doesn’t love a good slice of pizza? What if I tell you that now we can enjoy a good roll of pizza?
Yep, we’re going to make pizza rolls today.
This recipe can be enjoyed as lunch or dinner or even as a snack. Moreover, you can customise the rolls with whatever you please. For this time, I used a variety of vegetables I grilled a couple of days before. You can also add any cheese you prefer, if using.
- A roll of store bought pizza dough (you can make your own if you want)
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Grilled marrows, sliced
- Grilled aubergines, sliced
- Grilled Onions, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Black olives, sliced
- Pizza sauce
- Olive oil
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius
- Roll the pizza dough in a rectangular shape
- Brush the dough with olive oil
- Place the grilled vegetables, sun dried tomato, cherry tomatoes on the rolled dough, and gently press them in place
- Sprinkle the oregano, basil, salt and pepper
- Roll the dough to form a large log-like shape
- Carefully cut the pizza log in 1-inch slices and place on a baking tray, cut side down
- Brush the rolls with olive oil
- Bake for 30 minutes flipping them half way through
- In the meantime, fold in the sliced olives with the pizza sauce
- Heat the pizza sauce and spread it on your serving plate.
- Serve your freshly baked pizza rolls on to the sauce to dip