This stew contains simple ingredients and only requires one-pot and 30 minutes or less of your time. A perfect weeknight dinner to keep you warm during the colder months.
- In a soup pot, heat oil until shimmering.
- Add garlic, ginger, onion, and a pinch of salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Stir in spices and toast for 1 minute.
- Add sweet potatoes and butternut squash. Stir well to coat the vegetables in spices and onion mixture.
- Pour in the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Bring to a low boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the tahini and squeeze in juice from ½ lemon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer half of the stew into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot and stir to combine.
- Serve stew with a sprinkle of roasted cashews.
You can serve this stew alongside some rice or couscous, or some warm naan bread.
This stew can also be fully blended and served as a soup.
You can serve this stew alongside some rice or couscous, or some warm naan bread. This stew can also be fully blended and served as a soup.