Everybody loves fritters and this simple cool vegan recipe makes a treat for young and old. Using aubergines and vegan cheese, these fritters are delicious.
- Pre heat your oven to 220°C
- Remove and discard the stem ends from the aubergines. Cut into pieces and place on a baking tray with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake till soft. Cool and peel skin off.
- Place aubergines, some vegan cheese (Violife), parsley, garlic , breadcrumbs, egg replacer (Orgran – prepare as per instructions) and flour in blender and blend.
- Shape into patties when done.
- Heat oil in frying pan, and cook fritters. Alternatively they can also be baked in oven to avoid excessive oil.
- When done serve on a bun with some Violife vegan cheese along with some fresh salad.
- about 1 kg aubergines
- Violife vegan mozzarella and cheddar
- garlic crushed
- plain flour
- Orgran egg replacer
- Violife Smoked flavour slices
Violife & Orgran are imported and distributed in Malta by Alfred Gera & Sons Ltd