Packed with flavour and nutrition, this soft and moist sweet potato bread is sure to be a hit with everyone and it is a great alternative to the classic banana bread.
Enjoy it as breakfast with a cosy cup of coffee or a healthy snack; and leftovers freeze well so it’s great for making in advance.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (approximately 1 medium sweet potato, cooked and mashed well)
- 1 cup soy milk or milk of choice
- 6 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat flour (you can also use spelt or white)
- 1 cup coconut sugar (you can use light brown sugar or white sugar)
- optional 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon (you can adjust to your taste)
- 1 tsp each: baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- optional chopped walnuts, shredded coconut, chocolate chips
- Combine liquid ingredients. For a smoother consistency, use a blender or food processor. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and make sure that the batter has no lumps.
- At this point you can also fold in chocolate chips or chopped walnuts.
- Grease a loaf tin, pour the batter and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Sprinkle some shredded coconut and place walnut halves (optional)
- Bake for 45 – 55 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
Loaf can be covered with a cloth and left on the counter for the day (it tastes even better the next day!). Then after a day or two, it’s best to refrigerate or freeze.