A common misconception about eating healthy is that everything you consume, must either taste bland or taste like ‘grass’. However, this smoothie bowl will prove to everyone that health can be tasty, fun to eat and satisfying.
Oh!…did I mention that there’s chocolate?
During these hot summer days, this smoothie bowl is a perfect breakfast / snack option and it’s so good you’d think you’re eating dessert for breakfast!! The ingredients used are nutritionally dense making this smoothie rich in vitamins, minerals and nutrients – no wonder it makes you feel good!!
Moreover, the hazelnut balls and the other toppings, will give this bowl an umami of textures and tastes making it enjoyable to the palate and satisfying.
Start your morning right and give this one a go!
For the Hazelnut Balls
- 230g soft dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 90g Good Earth Roasted Hazelnuts
- 50g Good Earth Californian Almonds
- 35g Good Earth Raw Cacao Powder
- pinch of pink Good Earth Himalayan Salt
For the smoothie
- 60-80ml Alpro Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon Good Earth Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 sachet Your Super Muscle Power Protein Mix
- Good Earth Flaked Coconut
- Good Earth Chia Seeds
- Good Earth Roasted Chopped Hazelnuts
- Good Earth Organic Cacao Nibs
- In a food processor blend the dates and vanilla extract to a paste. Put mixture in a bowl
- Blend the roasted hazelnuts, almonds, cacao powder and salt
- Mix well the hazelnut mixture with the date paste
- Roll the mixture in to ball-like shape.
- In a blender, blend all the ingredients listed under Smoothie.
- If need be, add a little bit more almond milk to make blending easier. Attention not to put too much milk otherwise, the consistency will be more runny than creamy and the toppings will sink to the bottom.
Assembling the Smoothie Bowl
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with coconut shavings, chia seeds, chopped hazelnuts and cacao nibs.
- For a firmer consistency, you can either reduce the amount of milk or put the bowl into the freezer for a couple of minutes whilst you can take your time to prepare the toppings.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.