When it comes to weeknight dinner, pasta is the go-to dish for most of us. This recipe is so quick to make, there’s no need for any pre-made sauce, because there is some serious flavour into this dish with fresh produce and minimal effort.
- 400g pasta of your choice
For the creamy sun-dried tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (drained if in oil)
- 3 tablespoons of vegan parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- a handful of fresh basil (dried basil can be used as well)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- In another small pot, boil the cashews in water until tender and drain (about 10 minutes)
- In a blender cup, add the boiled cashews, basil, vegan parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup water and sun-dried tomatoes (save some for later)
- Blend well until smooth (scrape the sides if needed), and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and saute garlic and onion until translucent.
- Slice the saved sun-dried tomatoes and add to the pan.
- Reduce heat, and stir in the blended cream sauce, tomato paste and more basil (optional)
- Once bubbling, remove from heat and add to your cooked pasta.
- Season according to your taste and serve hot.
You can also incorporate more veggies (and fiber) into the dish by mixing your pasta with zucchini zoodles.